Patients admitted to KIST Teaching Hospital's General Ward must pay bed charges in advance at rates set by KIST Hospital management. This allows patients to doctor consultations, certain basic investigations, life-saving drugs and surgical goods, as well as diet, linen, and intravenous fluids, among other things.
Patients should contact the Medical Superintendent Office for allotment in Private Wards or Cabins after a referral from their treating doctor. A waiting list is maintained and the private room is allotted as per the waiting list. Hospitalization fees for private rooms can be inquired about at the front desk. The following facilities are available:
· Deluxe cabin room
· Single cabin room
· Double cabin room
- · All the wards are fully equipped with modern gadgets and equipment e.g. ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, nebulizers; central O2 & suction supply etc. to provide top quality medical care.
- · Indoor services have central air conditioning, hot and cold water, toilets, portable X-ray machines, and ECG services, Generator back up, emergency lights, internal telephone, and chairs for attendants etc.
- · Operation Theatres: The institute has fully equipped modern Operation Theatres, where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.
- · On recommendation of treating doctor and HOD, the hospital charges may be waived off by Administration for very poor patients. Costly drugs/surgical items may not be provided by the hospital.
- · Facilities provided in cabin ward - Each room has - attached toilets & bath room, sofas, bed for attendant, chairs and table, emergency light, etc.